The purpose of the NDIS is to provide reasonable and necessary support to people with a significant and permanent disability so that they may access the supports and services they need to assist in achieving their goals. Participants receive individual budgets from which they choose providers to support them.
The NDIS Market Dashboards are part of a series of publicly shared datasets released by the NDIA as part of the Agency’s commitment to sharing specialist data in addition to the comprehensive quarterly and other reports regularly released to assist stakeholders to understand market trends.
The aim of these dashboards is to support the purpose of the NDIS by comparing a number of market indicators across geographical regions and participant characteristics to help understand the performance of the NDIS market across different geographies within Australia. The key indicators have been calculated over the period of 1 October 2020 to 31 March 2021.
The market indicators include participants per provider, provider concentration, provider growth and shrinkage, utilisation and choice and control.
If you have any queries on the information in these downloads, please contact: [email protected]
The NDIS market as at 30 June 2021
- Guide to the NDIA Market Dashboards (PDF 362KB)
- Guide to the NDIA Market Dashboards - transcript (DOCX 71KB)
The Insights dashboard shows some key metrics on the NDIS market.
- 202106 01 The NDIS Market Insights Dashboard (PDF 946KB)
- 202106 01 The NDIS Market Insights Dashboard – data (CSV 13KB)
- 202106 01 The NDIS Market Insights Dashboard – transcript (DOCX 29KB)
The Summary dashboard summarises the market monitoring metrics at service district level.
Note that these are split into ‘Both Supported Independent Living (SIL/SDA) and non-SIL/SDA’, ‘SIL/SDA only’, ‘Non-SIL/SDA only’.
All participants (both Supported Independent Living (SIL/SDA) and non-SIL/SDA)
- 202106 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard all (PDF 1.5MB)
- 202106 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard all - data (CSV 16KB)
- 202106 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard all - transcript (DOCX 29KB)
- 202106 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard SIL/SDA (PDF 1.3MB)
- 202106 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard SIL/SDA - data (CSV 15KB)
- 202106 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard SIL/SDA - transcript (DOCX 29KB)
- 202106 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard nonSIL/SDA (PDF 1.3MB)
- 202106 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard nonSIL/SDA - data (CSV 16KB)
- 202106 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard nonSIL/SDA - transcript (DOCX 29KB)
Regional dashboards (service district and LGA)
The regional dashboards provide detailed information on a specific service district or LGA. Dashboards for each of the 80 service districts and dashboards for 499 out of the 574 LGAs in Australia are available.
Note that we do not provide dashboards for 75 LGAs where the NDIA participant population of that LGA consists of 10 or fewer participants.
Please use the state and territory links below to access the links to the regional dashboards for that state or territory.
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
- Tasmania & ACT
A summary of the market metrics for each LGA is provided here:
- 202106 LGA - The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard (PDF 1MB)
- 202106 LGA - The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard data (CSV 46KB)