The purpose of the NDIS is to provide reasonable and necessary support to people with a permanent and significant disability so that they may access the supports and services they need to assist in achieving their goals. Participants receive individual budgets and they choose providers to support them.
The NDIA is committed to sharing in-depth data to assist stakeholders to understand market activity.
The Market Dashboards are part of a series of publicly shared datasets released by the NDIA as part of the Agency’s the commitment to sharing more specialist in-depth data. This is in addition to the comprehensive quarterly and other reports released regularly that supports stakeholders to understand market trends.
The dashboards explore the performance and opportunities across the market by comparing key market indicators by geographical regions and participant characteristics. The key market indicators applied in developing the market dashboards are:
- participants per provider
- provider concentration
- provider growth and shrinkage
- choice and control.
The indicators are calculated over the period of 1 April 2021 to 30 September 2021.
- All data is de-identified and shared in CSV format, with data guidance in Microsoft Word documents.
- This current release uses ABS classified Local Government Areas (LGA) 2011.
The NDIS market as at 31 December 2021
- Guide to the NDIA Market Dashboards (PDF 249KB)
- Guide to the NDIA Market Dashboards - transcript (DOCX 71KB)
The Insights dashboard shows some key metrics on the NDIS market.
- 202112 01 The NDIS Market Insights Dashboard (PDF 1MB)
- 202112 01 The NDIS Market Insights Dashboard – data (CSV 16KB)
- 202112 01 The NDIS Market Insights Dashboard – transcript (DOCX 29KB)
The Summary dashboards summarise all the key market indicators at regional level along with data on number of participants, number of providers, plan budget and payments during the period of 1 April 2021 to 30 September 2021.
There are separate dashboards for ‘participants receiving SIL/SDA’, ‘participants not receiving SIL/SDA’ and a combined dashboard for ‘all participants’.
- 202112 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard all (PDF 4MB)
- 202112 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard all - data (CSV 17KB)
- 202112 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard all - transcript (DOCX 30KB)
Participants receiving SIL/SDA
- 202112 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard SIL/SDA (PDF 3.8MB)
- 202112 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard SIL/SDA - data (CSV 17KB)
- 202112 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard SIL/SDA - transcript (DOCX 30KB)
Participants not receiving SIL/SDA
- 202112 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard nonSIL/SDA (PDF 3.8MB)
- 202112 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard nonSIL/SDA - data (CSV 17KB)
- 202112 02 The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard nonSIL/SDA - transcript (DOCX 30KB)
Regional dashboards (service district and LGA)
The regional dashboards provide detailed information on a specific service district or LGA. Dashboards for each of the 80 service districts and dashboards for 505 out of the 575 LGAs in Australia are available.
Note that we do not provide dashboards for 70 LGAs where the NDIA participant population of that LGA consists of 10 or fewer participants.
Please use the state and territory links below to access the links to the regional dashboards for that state or territory.
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
- Tasmania, the ACT and other territories
A summary of the market metrics for each LGA is provided here:
- 202112 LGA - The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard (PDF 1.5MB)
- 202112 LGA - The NDIS Market Summary Dashboard data (CSV 51KB)
Specialist disability accommodation (SDA) quarterly report
- SDA 2021-22 quarter 4 report (DOCX 255KB)
- SDA 2021-22 quarter 3 report (DOCX 263KB)
- SDA 2021-22 quarter 2 report (DOCX 240KB)
- SDA 2021-22 quarter 1 report (DOCX 244KB)
- SDA 2020-21 quarter 4 report (DOCX 169KB)