The increasing maturity of the NDIA means we are collecting a lot of valuable data. This gives a picture of the needs, successes and challenges for Australians who live with a disability, those who support them, and those who work within the sector.
The NDIS is sharing this data in a range of formats including downloadable reports and spreadsheets, analysis and presentations. As new information becomes available it will be added. Over time, more features will be added with data visualisation tools to make it easier to identify the data required.
We invite you to explore this data to further your own knowledge of the disability sector, its challenges and the way the NDIS is working to create a more accessible and inclusive society.
Participants and the NDIS as at 31 March 2020
People with disability are being supported by the Scheme
Participants joined the Scheme this quarter
Participants are receiving supports for the first time
Providers and the NDIS as at 31 March 2020
Providers have supported participants since the start of the scheme.
Providers were active this quarter and also in previous quarters.
Providers were active for the first time this quarter.
March 2020 Data Release Highlights
New Home for NDIS data
- data.ndis.gov.au is now available and includes a wide range of reports, data cubes and tables. It is also where users can interact with NDIS data in a variety of ways.
New report deep dives
- Participant analysis by gender.
- People with disability and their NDIS goals.
- People with intellectual disability in the NDIS.
- An update to the NDIS market report using 31 December 2019 data which now includes 76 service districts compared with 64 at 30 June 2019.
New and refreshed data
- New data about participant goals, projected participant numbers and participants by statistical areas SA3 and SA4 based on 31 December 2019 are now available on downloadable data page.
- Refresh of all previously released data cubes and tables to 31 December 2019 data.
New interactive maps
- New enhanced geographical heat maps on participants and providers by service district that can be viewed on a laptop or PC.
Refer to the data release plan (PDF130KB) or the links above for more detail.